Who are we ?
Expert in natural solution from cereals.
Created from a restructuring operation in 1994, Meurens Natural, a family-owned Belgian company, processes cereals and dried fruits into organic and natural ingredients for the food processing sector.
A pioneer in the organic sector with the Sipal® brand, for 30 years, Meurens Natural has developed a unique know-how that is 100% in line with organic philosophy.
Over the years, the company has become the European specialist in cereal hydrolysis due to the originality of its production process and the variety of processed raw materials.
More than 100 years’ experience
Working in the organic sector for 30 years
Over 20 processed raw materials
A Belgian company, Meurens Natural is the embodiment of the fine combination of family tradition and industrial know-how in food processing that has been developed for over 100 years.
- Joseph Meurens started a company in Herve specialising in processing the region’s fruit.
- With a view to diversification, the first tests in processing organic cereals into syrups were carried out with promising results.
- Meurens Natural decided on a complete restructuring operation and to devote itself solely to organic cereals by creating the Sipal® brand.
- So as to keep up with the growth in the organic sector, the company undertook a huge investment programme at its historic site at Herve.
- Meurens Natural put their know-how to use in the natural sector with the launch of the Natu® range.
- Meurens Natural obtained FSSC 22000 certification (Food Safety System Certification).
- A second production site was started up in January 2017.
Social and environmental responsibility
It has always been Meurens Natural’s desire to contribute to develop healthier & more sustainable food, by giving preference to the following objectives:
- Using more natural production processes limiting their footprint on the environment.
- An ecological approach that has enabled numerous energy savings to be made in the consumption of gas, water and electricity.
- Raw material supply channels that are as short as possible.
- Developing the business in its region so as to maintain its know-how and to create employment there in the long term.
- Meurens Natural complies with the charter “Ethical Trade Initiative” ( ETI). See Ethical Initiative code.